New Committee for Gender Balance and Diversity is ready to go
“Its most important task is to work with gender and ethnicity,” writes the Ministry of Education and Research in the mandate for the fifth consecutive committee.
The ministry has already sent both the mandate and the appointment letter for the Committee for Gender Balance and Diversity in Research (the KIF Committee). The committee’s term will run from 2018 to 2021.
Continued work with gender and ethnicity
There are no changes to the KIF Committee’s objective.
The KIF Committee has been given the following main tasks:
- Provide recommendations on measures that promote the integration of gender balance and ethnic diversity activities at universities, university colleges and research institutes;
- Help to increase diversity among the staff and in research;
- Raise the overall level of awareness of problems related to diversity and inclusion in the research system;
- Launch measures and assess the impact of those measures.
Read the new mandate (in Norwegian only).
Many new members as from 2018
The members of the new KIF Committee are:
- Curt Rice, Professor, Oslo and Akershus University College, chair
- Ingrid Guldvik, Professor, Inland Norway University of Applied Sciences
- Tor Grande, Professor, Norwegian University of Science and Technology
- Øystein Gullvåg Holter, Professor, University of Oslo
- Hilde Synnøve Blix, Docent, UiT The Arctic University of Norway
- Tove Håpnes, Senior Researcher, SINTEF
- Lars Andresen, Director, Norwegian Geotechnical Institute
- Kofitsyo Sewornu Cudjoe, Head of Section, Norwegian Veterinary Institute
- Julia Orupabo, Senior Research Fellow, Institute for Social Research
- Marianne Jensen, Department Director, Research Council of Norway
- Ingvild Leren Stensrud, Student, University of Oslo
- Aleksander Martin Gjøsæter, Student, University of Bergen
- Ragnhild Hennum, Professor, University of Oslo
- Torjer Olsen, Associate Professor, UiT The Arctic University of Norway
- Camilla Røsjø, Division Director, Nofima
- Frode Georgsen, Department Director, Research Council of Norway
- Stine Katinka Andersen, Student, UiT The Arctic University of Norway
In addition, Kilden genderresearch.no has an observer on the committee.
Read the appointment letter (in Norwegian only).
Translated by Connie Stultz.